“Big Data Centre of Excellence" is the Research and Development centre of AKGEC. It is the first “Centre of Excellence" in AKTU, working in the field of BigData. It was established in 2013 and since 4 years it has been motivating and guiding the students into the world of Big Data. Big Data is the most trending technology of 21st century. It is the hottest market currently. Companies require Big Data Analysts to analyze the large amount of data being generated and gain insights from the data. Businesses are focusing more on agility and innovation, adopting BigData technologies help the companies achieve that in no time. The team aspires to develope skills in Big Data and gradually move from Machine Learning to Deep Learning and finally Artificial Intelligence.
The various technologies on which the team works are:
New comers are recruited as trainees through a recruitment drive. The trainees are given one month training and finalized on the basis of improvement and performance.
Besides helping students of our college, the centre tries to solve the problems of students from other colleges and IT professionals who are new to the world of Big Data. Others can communicate with the centre through website mentioned.
Website : bdcoe.co.in
Contact : email@example.com
Since its establishment, the centre is progressing tremendously, winning several online competitions as well as intercollege competitions in Big Data domain. The members of the centre participate in teams also and compete on national level.
Most fascinating and knowledge earning activity is “Knowledge Transfer Session” that takes place every week in the lab itself. During this session, the members share their knowledge on a topic, with other members and also clarify the doubts so that all members stand on the same level. This creates a very interesting and motivating environment in the lab itself.
Centre has been conducting various activities to guide more and more students into world of Big Data and to provide them a start so that they can excel in their interest. Various events conducted by the centre are-
- Seminar for awareness regarding Big Data
- Recruitment drive to recruit new members.
- Training of newly recruited trainees
- Workshop open to students of or college from all the branches and all the years
- A game event open to all the students
- Internal Hackathon- projects on Big Data
The workshops and courses conducted till date are:
- Complete course on Hadoop Ecosystem
- Workshop on Pig and Hive
- Seminar on Big Data technologies
- Workshop on Data Science with R
- Machine Learning and Introduction to neural networks.
- 17th and 18th February 2018, a 12 hours workshop was conducted , on the topic- “Machine Learning and Introduction to neural networks". The event was a great success with maximum participation from the students of 1st, 2nd and 3rd year.
Mr. Rahul Sharma
Ms. Anu Gupta
Dr. Sushil Kumar