To equip the students with sound concepts of Applied Sciences the college has a separate department. AKGEC covers the entire spectrum of education that gives a unique all-round perspective of holistic education process, not just in terms of preparing competent professionals for the country, but also provides a firm grounding in human values to produce well rounded and conscientious citizens and leaders.
The department offers core courses in Humanities, Applied Mathematics, Applied Physics and Applied Chemistry.
"Setting first-year engineering students up for success"To deliver a unique first year broad based experience that emphasizes hands-on-learning, technical immersion in engineering concepts, problem solving strategies through integrated interdisciplinary learning that encourages freshmen, covering all branches of Engineering, to forge real world connections to science, technology and community.
Prof.(Col) S.L. Kapoor has 33 years of working experience in Indian Army in planning, execution and operation of Military Networks, including 10 years research experience in Dept. R&D and 8 years teaching in various Military College of Engineering. Has been teaching in private engineering college for 13 years after retirement. His special interest are in planning, execution and operation of projects and systems related to communication networks and software engineering.
Faculty of Department of Applied Sciences and Humanities at AKGEC provide a unique comprehensive guidance that motivates the students to pursue specialized technical education with immersion in engineering concepts.
1. The department has adequate number of laboratories as per requirement (strength of students in the department and number of labs / practical courses mentioned in syllabus scheme of university (AKTU, Lucknow).
2. These laboratories are fully equipped with hardware kits / equipment’s, software tools and consumables.
3. These labs have all the basic as well as advanced level facilities to fulfil the requirements of courses.
4. These laboratories are utilized by the students and faculty members of Applied Sciences department for performing the practical experiments, Research Activities (R & D).
5. One dedicated lab staff member is always present in each lab room (responsibility of each lab room has been assigned to a particular lab staff).
6. Adequate Budget is planned and expenditure is done from the allocated fund to ensure the repairing of faulty equipment’s, purchase of consumables, lab equipment’s / hardware kits and software tools.
1. Physics Lab
2. Chemistry Lab
3. Professional Communication lab
|Name of the Laboratory /
Lab Courses being Conducted for B. Tech. 1st year (both Odd
and Even Semester)
|No. of Students per Setup (Batch Size)||Name of the Important Equipment/Tool|
|Physics Lab||Engineering Physics Lab
|30-35 Students per Group||Spectrometer, Microscope , Half shade polerimeter,Spherometer,
Sodium lamp,Electronic Balance,
Mercury lamp,Transformer,Optical bench
,Stewart & Gee Type Galvanometer
|Chemistry lab||Engineering Chemistry Lab KAS 152||30-35 Students per Group||Heating Oven, Distillation Assembly, Digital Spectro-Photometer, Digital pH Meter, Water Bath, Physical Balance, Electrical Balance, Electronic Balance, Stop Watch, Hot Plate, Shaker, Heating Mental|
|Language Lab||English Language Lab KAS 154||30-35 Students per Group||35 Computer systems, (34 core2duo, 1 i5 server) headphones with mic, LCD projector with screen, printer, network switch, Podium|
|Lab||Name of Lab Assistant||Designation||Qualification||Years of Experience|
|Physics lab||Mr. Rajesh Kumar||Lab Assistant||B. Sc||13|
|Chemistry lab||Mr. Manoj Kumar||Lab Assistant||B. Sc||14|
|Language lab||Mr. Dhirendra Gupta||Lab Assistant||B.com, certificate in computing (IGNOU), MCP, Diploma in computer Administration||12|
Utilization and Ambience of AS&H Department Laboratories through Photographs
AKGEC faculties and students were involved in path-breaking research and development activities. AKGEC follows the key ethical principles that should underlie the research endeavor. Researchers here take on real time problems, think innovatively and bring in novel solutions, to advance knowledge and make meaningful contribution to the society.