- About Us
- Digital Library
- Digital Repository
- KOHA OPAC (Search)
- Useful Links
- Library Team
- Contact Us
To attain high standards of comprehensive services related to dissemination of required information by adoption of state-of-the-art technology thereby creating a welcoming and comfortable physical environment for the user.
We strive to provide and maintain state-of-the-art comprehensive resource center of books and journals and most efficient library service environment for dissemination of required knowledge to our faculty and students.
About the Library
The AKGEC Library System comprises of a Central Library, nine Departmental Libraries and five Hostel Libraries.
The Central Library, housed in the Administrative Block of the College, consists of two sections spread over 1465 sq. m and with a seating capacity for 344 users. Comfortable study space is provided for faculty, staff and students in the form of reading hall, study cubicles, digital library and faculty reading room.
The state-of-the-art facilities include KOHA Open Source Library Management Software, Web Based Online Public Access Catalogue (Web OPAC), Digital Library, DSpace Institutional Repository Server and Membership to DELNET and National Digital Library.
The library system is very user friendly with sufficient resources to meet the requirements of the users. Addition of resources as per the requirements and norms is a regular feature. Sufficient number of qualified staff are employed to manage the activities of the library.
The Departmental and Hostel libraries are managed and run by the respective departments and hostels with resources on loan from the Central Library.
All students, faculty and staff of the College are entitled to make use of the library facilities on availing library membership.
Admission to the Central Library is through Library cum Identity Card, which is scanned at the entrance, to keep record of the users. The library is under camera surveillance through ten cameras that have been installed at various locations.
The library attracts an average of 350 users on a regular working day.
Library Timings in normal Working days:
(Monday – Saturday)
|8:30 AM – 9:00 PM|
Issue & Return of Books
(Monday – Saturday)
|8:40 AM – 3:45 PM|
(E-Journals, DELNET, CD’s Search)
|8:30 AM – 9:00 PM|
|Consultation of Examination Papers & Solution / Old Newspaper etc.||9:30 AM – 3:45 PM|
|Reprographic Service||8:30 AM – 7:00 PM|
- Library users must show their Identity cum library card at the security point. In case, the member does not possess his/her identity card, he/she is not permitted to enter the library.
- Personal belongings like bags, books, etc. are not allowed inside the library in any case.
- Identity cum library cards are non-transferable. Use of other’s library card is a punishable conduct. The borrower as well as authorized holder of the card may be punished for such an act.
- Library hours are 8:30 AM – 9:00 PM on working days and during examination period library hours are extended till 12:00 midnight. Books are issued from 8:45 AM to 3:45 PM only. Reservation of books is made between 8:45 AM to 3:30 PM only.
- Return of books after the due date will attract a fine of Rs.5/- per day per volume. The amount of fine would not exceed double the cost of the book.
- In case of late Issue of Book Bank Books Rs. 5/- is charged per day for delayed collection from scheduled date limited upto Rs. 50/- After one week list of defaulters would be sent to respective HoD’s and after 10 days same would be forwarded to Director.
- Reference books are issued only under special circumstances with prior permission of Senior Librarian/Asst. Librarian between 3:15 PM to 3:45 PM for overnight. Deposition of the reference book should be made positively on the next day up to 10:00 AM, failing which a fine of Rs.20/- is charged for each day. The user who does not deposit the reference book in time is treated as defaulter and refrained from issue of reference book in future.
- Question Papers & Solutions and other library materials are issued for Xerox for an hour only; late submission attracts a fine of Rs.2/- per hour per document.
- Borrowers must check the condition of the book before borrowing; they are responsible for any damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
- Leaving circulation counter without ensuring that the book(s) have been returned is a punishable conduct. For doing so a fine of Rs. 50/- is charged even if book is traced later on.
- No book is renewed/re-issued on same day.
- If a book is already issued to a student, another copy of the same book cannot be issued to or reserved for him/her.
- The latest edition of book is only accepted in replacement of a lost/damaged book along with a fine of Rs.50/- as processing fee. If the book is not available in the market / publisher, double the cost of book is charged.
- Misplacing/marking/tearing of books is punishable offence. Any user caught for such offence would be fined Rs.1000/- and may even lead to withdrawal of library facility to him/her.
- If any student is caught stealing from the library, a fine of Rs. 2000/- is imposed on him/her in addition to suitable disciplinary action.
- Disciplinary action is taken against Library users found misbehaving with the library staff.
- The loss of Identity card/library membership card is to be informed immediately to the Senior Librarian.
- For duplicate Identity card (in case of lost card), the student has to make a written request to the Director and has to deposit a fine of Rs.300/- for duplicate card. A fine of Rs.100/- is to be paid as the processing fee for the replacement of ragged/damaged PVC Identity card or taking Identity card very late.
- Timing for other library services has been fixed which are subjected to change in the interest of the library users.
- Library users must ensure that their activities do not disturb the fellow users.
College video lecture link provide here.
1. Nalanda E-Consortium (AKTU)
Electronic Databases subscription through Nalanda E-Consortia
|Gp Capt I P Sharma (Retd)||Dean Library|
|Dr. Shiv Shankar Srivastava||Senior Librarian|
|Ms. Kavita Kulshreshtha||Assistant Librarian|
|Mr. Ram Abhilash||Library Assistant|
|Mr. Dinesh Kumar||Library Assistant|
|Mr. Shobhit Kumar Sharma||Library Assistant|
|Mr. Rajkumar Sharma||Library Assistant|
|Mr. Balkishan||Book Lifter|
|Mr. Rajeev Sharma||Book Lifter|
|Mr. Ratan Singh||Library Attendant|
|Mr. Brijender Singh||Library Attendant|
Dr. Shiv Shankar Srivastava
Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College (AKGEC)
27th Km Stone, Delhi-Hapur Bypass Road,
PO Adhyatmik Nagar, Ghaziabad – 201009