Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College (AKGEC) offers Three Years (Six Semester) ‘B.Voc in Engineering’ Program in following two streams:
1. Production Engineering 50 Seats
2. Automotive Servicing 50 Seats
This program is affiliated with Dr. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow, Approved and Designed by the AICTE as per National Skill Qualification Framework (NSQF) of Ministry of Skill Development.
The programme focuses on Skill Development based Higher Education leading to Bachelor of Vocation (B.Voc) Degree
The main objective of this program is to provide a judicious mix of skills relating to a profession so that students become work ready after completion of course. The program structure includes :
- General Education Components (10%)
- Skill Education Components (70%)
- On Job Training Component (20%)
- Skill Development based Higher Education
- Practical Learning on Industrial Machines
- Skill Development through On the Job Training (OJT)
- Focus on Technical Competency and Employability
- Exposure to Best Industrial Practices
- Additional Certification as per NSQF (through NSDC, SSc )
Skilling Partner: AKGEC Skills Foundation (ASF) is an ISO 9001 certified organisation promoted by AKGEC & NSDC, Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship. ASF has eminent Global Industries as Partner including SIEMENS, BOSCH, Mitsubishi, Rexroth BOSCH, MESSER and Carl Zeiss.
ASF as Skilling Partner of AKGEC for B.Voc Program will conduct trainings, as prescribed by University, under Certification by NSDC/ Sector Skill Council. ASF will also offer On Job Training ( OJT) to B.Voc students.
The following State of Art Facilities will support the students enrolled in B.Voc program at AKGEC:
- AKGEC-SIEMENS, Advance Manufacturing Center
- AKGEC-BOSCH, Automotive Technology Center
- B.Voc course admission is done through UPSEE counseling.
- Direct admissions are done at College level.
Eligibility: The criteria for admission to this B.Voc for engineering program shall be 10+2 (PCM) with minimum 40% marks ( pass candidate) from a recognized board.